Thursday, June 9, 2011

The work of workouts..

Today has been the usual: work and working out afterwards. I usually try to go to the club at least 3-4 times a week. Due the summer months, my hours have been increasing and therefore sometimes its harder to schedule in time to workout. There are also times I have not been up to it either. This needs to change. I realized since its been getting hotter I have been slacking off going, or if I do go, its usually for 45 minutes... when I was working out for over an hour. I just need to keep motivated. I also like having a workout buddy and having someone to talk with. Usually, someone to keep you more motivated inquires you to push yourself even more. If I end up at the gym on a mid afternoon (like maybe before I go into work) my motivation dwindles. However, I know that should not be an excuse and that is why perseverance is the key. I must not allow this heat to get to me and use it as an excuse either. So.. unto beating the heat and sweating off the calories!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Motivation is a difficult thing to have and to keep. I want to start running hardcore this summer, but I'm already sweating just thinking about the heat on the pavement!

    But as my mom says, "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels."
    Of course, working out should be for health mainly. BUt a cool benefit would be to be skinny...at least in my point of view : )

    ReplyDelete