Sunday, July 31, 2011

Captain America Saves the Day!!


"Do you fondue?" quote from this year's summer hit: Captain America.

Recently, I had the opportunity to see the summer blockbuster hit: Captain America. I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it and it held my interest through the duration of about two hours and ten minutes. It’s a fine example of the summer blockbuster type of movie, and you can certainly go see it and take away nothing more than the simple enjoyment of this kind of movie. Its grounded in real action, real performances, mostly practical effects and not overly CGI. To me, its fun, funny, accessible and entertaining - something that's nice to see for a blockbuster summer hit.

So, are you wanting to watch a movie that is worth your time and money? Go see Captain America! Its nice to say that “Captain American” is totally its own movie, that stands apart from most of the other big budget action movies these days that seem to borrow from their predecessors. The action is the perfect amount and very well done – comic book-esque, but not over-the-top. I enjoyed the third installment of Transformers, but I thought there was just way to much over-the-top/jam-packed action, that never was going to end.

The effects that made Steve (the kid that turns into the massive Captain America) scrawny were quite impressive in the beginning of the movie. Acting was also pretty decent. One can not but admire the famous "Tommy Lee Jones." I also liked their selection of cast members, the comic relief and the characters. Overall, the movie was pretty awesome and I would say its one of my favorite Superhero movies next to "Spiderman."

No comments:

Post a Comment