Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Heat, Swimming and Work



These past summer days have been very hot and humid with the heat index up to around 115 degrees, which means I have not been outside very much. Its resulted by not getting that nice summer tan that I had last year and the year before. :( I really do miss swimming and laying outside to get that nice vitamin D beaming upon my skin. Its discouraging not being able to go a local lake or swimming pool and to allow the nice warm sun rays to shine upon my face. When I was down at AC, I remember trying, during the summer months, to go for a nice, cool/refreshing swim. Oh how I miss that pool... lol. The dark aqua marine pool was so inviting - it was nice a refresher after a long hot 8 hour shift. But, I have been trying to stay positive about this heat. Its bearable and it could be worse too. Oh well..
My week has also been busier work wise than usual. They have me working a full 40 hours this week and over at the O'fallon, IL store. They are remodeling parts of the store and been acquiring assistance with associates from other stores to come and enjoy the fun of putting up shelves, modular setting, pricing, signing and doing all kinds of whirlwind rearranging. Its a process but it keeps myself busy and occupied. So, I don't mind it. Plus, I also get paid for gas mileage, so I am not complaining at all. It will definitely help me in regards to earning more money and to try and save some, especially for the upcoming feast of tabernacles in England! I am so excited about it! I can hardly wait.

Anyway, I am going to keep this kind a short tonight. I am tired and need to get some sleep soon. I will write more later. Just wanted to keep you a little posted to whats been happening. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeanna! So cool that you get to go to the Feast in England...wow! Have you been before? I went to Folkstone twice...back in '02 and '03. Best ever! Sorry to hear of the heat up there. JP's mom told me it was pretty bad.
    Love you!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete